Physician to Pharma workshops are free 1 day training workshops developed and organised by Only Medics. Attendance at the workshop is by invitation following a detailed screening process. The workshops are also attended by industry professionals, some of whom are actively recruiting. Delegates will be expected to have already researched roles for physicians and be committed to making a move into industry without delay.
The workshops provide opportunity to:
- Receive independent, targeted career advice
- Learn more about the processes of Clinical Research, Medical Affairs and Pharmacovigilance
- Learn about interview techniques and how to be successful when applying for roles
- Take part in practical exercises about working in the industry
- Receive a presentation folder packed with information about the pharmaceutical industry
The day includes presentations by experienced industry physicians and HR professionals. The day focuses on educating new-to-medics as well as testing their skills in front of hiring managers and industry professionals.
HR professionals and medics from pharmaceutical companies are invited to attend as observers. They have opportunity to see how the candidates perform and interact at the workshop rather than hiring on the basis of interviews alone. During breaks and over lunch, delegates mingle with the industry professionals in a relaxed and informal environment and discuss points of interest.
To apply to attend the next workshop, please call our consultants on +44(0)118 952 2799 and confirm your interest when registering with us. We will then contact you to discuss your career aspirations in more detail.
Please note that candidates for Physician2Pharma workshops must have:
- Full GMC registration or an equivalent eligible for full GMC registration
- At least 2 years post registration in recognised training rotations in the UK
- Good evidence of prior research into roles in the pharmaceutical industry
- Motivation and commitment to make a career transition into the industry
- Excellent communication skills
- Therapeutic expertise in Oncology, Haematology, Diabetes, Metabolic Disease, Endocrinology, GI, Infectious Diseases, Virology, CNS, Cardiology, Anaesthesia, Rheumatology or Respiratory medicine is a distinct advantage
- For a role in Clinical Research, prior involvement in clinical trials; either as an investigator or sub-investigator, is important.